Monday, August 25, 2008

Zucchini Mommy

So, it's been a while since I've blogged. Hello again! I received several chastisements from my mother, one claiming that my "faithful followers would dump me" if I didn't get back to blogging. That was several weeks ago. Your threats don't work on me, mother. But I do so hope the "faithful followers" are still there.

What better way to get back to the ole' blog than to show and tell about our GIANT zucchini! Just look at the size of that veggie! Corban wanted to let one zucchini grow as big as it could. I think it would have kept growing, but he decided to pick it today.

Karis, who has never liked baby dolls much, started playing with this zucchini like it was a baby. She wheeled it around in the stroller, rocked it, dressed it and get this....I saw her nursing it! As in BREAST FEEDING the zucchini! I could hardly stop laughing and she seemed a bit put off by my cackling and was like, "MOM! You have to give a baby mommy's milk!" She was also pretty concerned that it might rot. I assured her that she would have several days with her baby zucchini before it withered up and had to be thrown out. Silly, silly girl.

9 comments:

Shannon Kuhl said...

Welcome back! You've been missed. That's quite a zucchini. You should draw eyes and a mouth on it.

Unknown said...

I woke up, stumbled to the living room with my cup of coffee and turned on the news. I sat at my desk, sipped some more coffee, thankful for each caffeine filled sip. I turned on the computer and kept waking up just a sip at a time. Went to my blog, started scrolling down to read a comment posted yesterday, and there I nearly chocked on my last sip of coffee! I quickly scrolled back up! My caffeine filled nerves were jittery! Did I just see?? Noooooo couldn't be! Could it? Oh yes it could! Proof was right there in the right colum:

Kristen's blog (En)
Zucchini Mommy
2 hours ago

Kristen gave up her blog strike! YAY!!!

ps: I suppose I should comment on the post itself! I know it's a zucchini, but I couldn't help but be reminded of Larry the cucumber!

Kristen said...

You're so funny. Yes, I gave up my "blog strike." Thanks for your enthusiasm. I've had thoughts of drawing Larry on the zuke, if Mommy Karis allows!

Unknown said...

What a hoot!! Karis is so special, no one else could love a zuke in such a nurturing, caring way. Mom

Unknown said...

asfdasfdasfd
asfdasfd
asfdklasfd
asfdklasfdlk
asfdaklasfd
asfdsdasfd
asfdasfdklasfd
asfdjasfdasfdklasfdaasfd
asfdasfdsfda

Hoosier46 said...

Wow! You didn't know that so many were watching and waiting for your return! So glad to hear from you again. You know, that zuccini would make several loaves of delicious zuccini bread! It is great that the kids are enjoying her(him?)though!

Sharla said...

Hooray, Kristen has returned!!! :)

Unknown said...

anyone notice lana has a speech impediment?

Unknown said...

lana's spell checker quit working