Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kaela was learning about the parts of an invitation today. We talked about times when you'd send an invitation, like to a birthday party. She made a comment about not needing to send invitations since she didn't have any friends. I told her that one day she would, and she says, "Maybe next year." I asked her why next year and she said that next year she'd have friends because she'd get to go to school. Isn't this just breaking your heart? I made some comment about her maybe going to school next year and asked her if that's what she wanted. She said yes, of course. Homeschooling is just too lonely and boring with me. Anyway, I started carrying on about how lonely I'd be and how much I'd miss her, blah blah blah. Then she says, "I wish there were four kids." She clearly doesn't want to be the one to leave poor Mom home alone. Sweet, friendless girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwww

Lana said...

This sweet child needs some friends to send invitations to! Kristen you will still be a busy mom even if they are all in school. You are the organizer and the grease that keeps the wheels turning smoothly on the Green Machine!