Saturday, May 24, 2008

Violin recital

I'm behind in blogging about Corban's violin recital from last Saturday. It was his second recital so far and he did a really nice job. He was the first one to play and started out with a trio, including his teacher, on violin, and myself on piano. It was a simple song, but sounded nice. Corban really likes to play music with other people. After the trio, he did two more songs, alone. He got a little messed up by switching over to a different song in the middle of his piece (they were memorized). He just stopped playing and said, "I think I'm playing the wrong song." His teacher encouraged him to keep going, and it turned out fine. My guess is that no one would have noticed. He had a second 3 song set later, after several other students had played. The first of those 3 was a duet with his teacher and then he did two more by himself.

This is his teacher, Ms. Georgina. We can't say or spell her real name....she's from Hungary. We like her a lot and she is so complimentary of Corban. We'll miss her this summer as her son, just graduated from music school in Cleveland, takes over her students for two months.





The kids enjoyed some cake after the recital. The girls' favorite part, of course!








(Mom.....click on a picture if you want it bigger)

2 comments:

Hoosier46 said...

Congratulations to Corban!! I wish I could have been there. He is such a sweet kid!

I especially loved the last picture of the kids sitting together. How cute!

Unknown said...

Corban, congrats on doing such a fine job at your recital. I also am sorry to have not been there for it. You are doing great with the violin and I hope you will some day play
bluegrass music!!! Nan